Wednesday, April 6, 2016

2051. Yes, we'll still need you, 'tho you're 64!

It's the birthday of bro 'OkieJokey'
And this lim'rick is gonna be hokey
     Though he's now sixty-four
     He is never a bore
But I doubt he can be much less pokey.


Steve is a fine limericist in his own write.  (Since my title alludes to The Beatles I felt I could borrow that from John.)  Steve has made many clever comments here over the years, plus all of these 'OP' entries -- 65, 77, 78, 111, 128, 141, 143, 155, 158, 159, 160, 164, 165, 170, 255 -- are his.  You'll find several others if you browse Aug. '11 thru Mar. '12.

When I began planning to publish a book of my stanzas, Steve wrote this excellent one for me to use:

Meritorious books feature Forewords
Authors list raisons d’être and core words
    But when all’s said and done
    Readers jump to Page One
And omit those superfluous bore words.

And so, Steve, please know how you're loved by noting that I indented my L3-4!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday there, Phil's brother, Steve
    Talent runs in your fam'ly , I b'lieve
    Here's to fam'ly traditions
    You lim'rick magicians
    Keep pulling more rhymes from your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to the younger Graham
    Though I'm tardy, I'm sorry to say, um...
    I have whiffed on the date
    I'm a couple days late
    For it's just about one in the AM.

    Hope you enjoyed your big day, Steve. I wish you'd stop by a bit more, but I guess you value quality over quantity, and your verses have plenty of the former. Sorry I'm late to the party.

    ReplyDelete