Sunday, June 18, 2017

OP429-431. For men only... Happy Father's Day!

With sunshine and clouds made of cotton
Not a single dad should be forgotten
So today, right on cue
I wish each one of you
Happy Father's Day, do get spoiled rotten!

Ev'ry day, there's a surefire way
To have fun, so just hear what I say:
Read each verse (fill your head)
Even those typed in red
And the archives ain't dead; come and play!

And so even if you're not a dad
Come around anyway, you'll be glad!
With no 'dad' boots to fill
You can read here at will
You've got time you can kill and be bad.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Suzanne, you're so thoughtful. Verse 1 salutes me (and all dads), then Verses 2-3 promote my blog!

    I was so pleased that I just wrote #2545, secretly saluting you by rhyming a phrase which you had used in a recent email.

    Thanks for the friendship, the limericks you post, and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can (and will) thank you too, and for the same reasons!

    I believe I know the phrase you're talking about... (harhar!) Your #2545 limmie is quite the creative, science fiction comedy, with an apt, funny title! (hey, you readers out there... I can say that and still be a 'lady'!)

    ReplyDelete