Saturday, December 9, 2017

2749-2751. That's all, folks! (For now...)

As promised in my ALERT!! of ten days ago, today's entry is likely my swan song.

Back in August of 2016 I posted #2206 (clickable) about my desire for sophisticated readers and Suzanne wrote a nifty 4-stanza comment to it.

It was at about that time that I wrote the 3-stanza sign off you'll find below.  I've kept it under wraps until today.  It certainly isn't among my best work, but it

   a) gets me past the 2,750 mark and
   b) ends with a pun... my true stock-in-trade.

This blog hardly got off the ground
Did its URL make it hard to get found?
I'm not sure what it lacked
But it didn't attract
Many readers and often I've frowned.

So I've come to the end of the line
Guess my limericks too rarely shine
I thought I was clever
But maybe I never
Wrote many you'd call "really fine."

To you five or six regular readers
Don't cut your throats, I can't stand bleeders!
Proceed to get lives
And don't get drunk in dives
Just 'cause Phil Graham is sehen Auf Wieders.

Thanks for the many posts, comments, and emails over the years!  They've meant a lot and have kept me going much longer than I ever imagined I could.

   The Limericist

No comments:

Post a Comment