Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ready for quash rackets?

OK, Okie.  I read your comment to #OP58.  To level the playing field for the contest and get more readers aware of it, I'm changing the start time to noon CST on Dec. 3.  Entries will be accepted up until 10:00 pm CST on 12/3.

I am challenging all readers to write a limerick (or limericks) rhyming the word 'quash.'  I didn't originally say you had to rhyme it, but that seems only reasonable.  It can appear as the last word of any line.

If you want to enter, put your limericks in as comments to this postEnter as many diferent limmies as you want.

Voting (one time by any reader) will be done as further comments to this post,  It will commence at 10:01 pm CST on 12/3 and end at noon CST on Tuesday, 12/4.  To make it fair (?), you may not vote for your own entries.

Award 5 points to your favorite and 3 points to your second favorite.  If you submit any entries, you must vote.  Otherwise, all votes cast for you will be erased.  Only cast one first-place and one second-place vote, please.

Remember, you don't have to enter to vote, but you must vote if you enter!!

Hoping none of you are at a losh for words that rhyme....
   The Limericist

8 comments:

  1. Well, no one seems to want to go first, so here are my two:

    A judge wanted chambers real posh,
    But the state refused -- put their kibosh
    On his lavish request.
    Judge thought "I deserve best!"
    So he issued a motion to quash.

    A virginal gym rat named Aster,
    Daily exercised with a ThighMaster.®
    She'd allow you to nosh
    At her cunt, but she'd quash
    Or squash tries by your dick to get past 'er.
    Posted by The Limericist at 14:54
    ---------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contest: To use the word "quash"
    In a limerick. My goal is to squash
    You in this competition
    Yes, this is my mission
    But I fear it may end in a wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEW! WHO KNEW JEW NEW YEAR?

    Here’s a joke Sarah Palin would quash:
    She phones Lieberman, thought they might gnosh.
    . Says his aide, “Joe is gone—uh—
    . This is Rosh Hashanah.”
    Gov. P: “Take a message, then, Rosh.”


    Alas, the joke on which the limerick is based is not mine. Also, I understand there is a nefarious meaning used in the UK for the word “gnosh” (also spelled “nosh”); that usage was not my connotation—Sarah simply wanted to meet with Joe over a light snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give 5 to David and Okie gets 3. Thanks for entering, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All are excellent, and I don't have a three-sided coin to flip. I award five points to the athletic Ms. Aster and three points to "The contest: To use the word 'quash'..." Too bad about the judge--he's an Honorable Mensch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voting is over. From the meager turnout, looks like the blog needs a major advertising push. I wouldn't josh, by gosh, it needs spark plugs from Bosch.

    Results:
    The Limericist... 10
    Dave Reddekopp... 8
    OkieJokey........ 6

    I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

    ReplyDelete