Sunday, September 30, 2018

OP529-533. Deserving of their own hearing

87-yr-old Zelda Dvoretzky of Haifa emailed this Kavanaugh-bashing batch to me and several other AWAD pals:

We were hammered. It's all a big lie 
and besides, it was some other guy.
     Don't know why she's so sore;
     we did not even score
'cause the bros and I drank the keg dry.

Well, maybe it is kind of sad,
but we never did anything bad.
     We were just having fun,
     and I wasn't the one.
Be a pal and please don't tell my  dad.

Besides, as I best can recall,
we were all having malts at the mall
     with our Sunday School group
     and the Eagle Scouts troop,
so we couldn't have been there at all.

It's disgusting the way rumors travel.
This political plot we'll unravel.  
    All those Dems out to get me,
     they didn't upset me.
Case closed. Someone hand me my gavel.

I wrote back saying, "Gadzooks, Zelda!  You're even better sans AWAD fetter.  (Hmmmm.  Do I hear the makings of another limmie?)

She replied,
Perhaps, sans the old AWAD fetter,
I could write limericks even better!
     Phil, you've planted the seed;
    you might be right indeed.
Thanks for that, and your lovely fan letter.

Not wanting to let her have the last word, I emailed her #2909.

No comments:

Post a Comment