Monday, October 8, 2012

831. Crackdown

An old USAF buddy emailed the following:
I saw in the paper an article about Col. Deborah Liddick being made commander of Randolph AFB.  This was brought about by the sex scandal there where 42 female recruits were harrassed or raped.  Looking at the name "Lid Dick" fueled thoughts of a possible limerick.  See what you can do with that!

I replied with "Ask and ye shall receive."

The new Randolph head's Deborah Liddick.
She's a colonel with tongue quite acidic.
Her job? "Get a handle
On every sex scandal."
If you're a guy, best keep a hid dick.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Limericist,
    In re: "Crackdown"

    I always enjoy your latest posts, not only for the verse itself but also for the witty titles you conjure. So I am curious if the current appellation (a grade smoky and blur-edged than usual) had its inspiration in the old joke:

    Confucius say: "Woman who fly airplane upside down have nasty crack-up."

    And speaking of things chinois, Happy 101st Birthday to the Nationalist Republic of China on this date of "10-10." It may be news formosa you, but this is a great chance to celebrate and taiwan on, even if you have a taipei personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta admit that I thought using 'crack' in my title might invoke the physiological thought for some readers. Obviously, it did so for you, Okiejokey, but my meaning of 'crackdown' is simply meant to indicate "a tough policy."

    As for your marvelous puns, I won't try to verbally spar with you 'cause I know I couldn't put a chink in your armor.

    ReplyDelete