Friday, July 27, 2012

764-770. 1st Anniversary

I now have completed one year
Of running this blog, and I fear

That my brain isn't fecund
Enough for a second
Still, hope I have brought you much cheer.

I've inscribed at least one every day,
But I'm 'bout out of things I can say
That are fresh, not absurd,
And don't bring up some word
That has heretofore come into play.

Though not calling it quits, I am tired,
Father Time's made me much less inspired.
'Stead of posting some poor
Ones the limerick du jour
Will now only appear when I'm wired.


I'm certain I'll post at least a few each week so keep checking in!  And now, as a present to you, my readers, here are two from each camp:

A woman with marvelous tits
Has nipples the size of peach pits!
Her boyfriend oft laps
At these humongous paps
While fondling her with his large mitts.

There once was a fellow named Pete
Who went to bed beating his meat.
He hadn't a tissue
To wipe up his issue,
Next morning was stuck to the sheet.


A young college student named Darrel,
Heads off to a library carrel.
His intent is to study
'Stead, texts with a buddy,
At test time he's over a barrel.

A pretty interpreter, Sophie,
Was also the mistress of Kofi
Annan* at the U.N.
Which made her a shoo-in
Each year for the Best Linguist trophy.

* He himself said it rhymes with 'cannon' but most people pronounced it 'uhNON' and I'm using that pronunciation to get proper rhythm in line 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment